Driver & Car Requirements
To join the most reliable and safe community of Ziphawk partner drivers you need to successfully complete an application meeting the following requirements:
- A valid driver’s license proving that as a driver you meet the local minimum age requirement which ranges from 21 to 25 years old depending on the city and state
- Consent to a complete criminal background check and review of driving history
- Proof of residency in your city or state
- Proof of vehicle insurance (if driving your own car)
- Consent to a vehicle inspection in certain cities or states (if driving your own car)
- A vehicle that conforms to all of Ziphawk specifications (if driving your own car)
All Ziphawk vehicles must have four doors and a minimum of five seatbelts. With the Ziphawk Drive Now program, you can still be a driver even if you don’t own a car by renting a qualifying vehicle from the platform.
You must have at least one year of licensed driving experience if driving in the following states: California, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Vermont, and Washington.
U.S. Drivers are required to go through a third party background check by Checkr for which they must provide their social security number. If the background checks results to a driver being ineligible to drive on the Ziphawk platform that could be due to a series of causes, including:
- Driver is listed on the National Sex Offender Registry database
- Driver was convicted of a violent crime or a sexual offense; driver has driven under the influence of alcohol or drugs in the past seven years
- Driver has committed an act of terror
- Driver has committed a drug-related offense in the past seven years.
The above list of reasons does not exclude other grounds for possible unqualification and Ziphawk maintains the right to disqualify any driver at any time. Ziphawk carries out background checks continuously on its drivers to ensure that their record remains clean.
Additionally, Ziphawk has a third party (Checkr) to complete its driving record check. Drivers can be disqualified for any of the following reasons:
- Four or more moving violations in the past three years
- A single major moving violation in the past three years
- A DUI or other drug-related driving violation in the past seven years
- A serious driving-related conviction in the past seven years.
Similar to the criminal background check, Ziphawk registers its drivers into DMV record continuous monitoring, which notifies Ziphawk of any new violations.
All Ziphawk drivers must have a current valid driver’s license, valid plates with current registration, and current and valid insurance with the driver’s name on the policy.
All Ziphawk drivers are required to pass a Community Safety Education Course which educates them on sexual violence and appropriate behavior that Ziphawk drivers must uphold.